#Truth: RSS is a communal organisation which promotes religious fundamentalism, a narrow-minded idea of India and Hinduism and a regressive and anti-minority ideology. Their history (as highlighted below) shows that they are the greatest Anti-Nationalists in India.
Vinayak Damodar Savarkar, the ideal of BJP and RSS, was the founder of Hindutva, which essentially propagated the theory of a Hindu-Rashtra.
· It emphasized the dominance of the Hindu religion over all other religions in India leading to communal tension between members of different religious communities in India.
· Hindutva is a narrow-minded and regressive interpretation of the Hindu-Dharma or Hinduism which is secular and all inclusive.
· Savarkar stated that all religions whose birthplace is outside India (Islam and Christianity, amongst others), their citizens cannot be the first citizens of India.
· This is completely against the Constitution of India which states that all religions are equal and the state shall be secular.
· Savarkar not only refrained from participating in the freedom struggle but also helped the Britishers recruit lakhs of Indians into its armed forces. Doesn’t that make him a traitor? And, our Prime Minister declared such a man to be “the true son of Mother India and an inspiration for many people.”
· RSS ideologue, Hedgewar stated that the Sangh will not participate in the Salt Satyagraha (Dandi March) of 1930.
· It was an RSS member, Nathuram Godse, who assassinated Gandhi, as despite being a Hindu, Gandhi was secular and believed in the equality of all religions. Shouldn’t such an organisation be banned?
· The RSS did not recognize the tri-colour as their flag for 52 years since independence. They hoisted a saffron flag at their headquarters in Nagpur. Patriotism?
· An editorial published in the RSS mouthpiece, the Organiser, explained the tricolour as – “The word three is in itself an evil, and a flag having three colours will certainly produce a very bad psychological effect and is injurious to a country.” What a narrow-minded and regressive approach devoid of any rationality!!
· The RSS have opposed the Indian Constitution and its secular foundations.
· M.S. Golwalkar, the second great ideologue of the RSS, considered minorities to be second-class citizens. He said, “The non-Hindu people of Hindustan must either adopt Hindu culture and languages, must learn and respect and hold in reverence the Hindu religion, must entertain no idea but of those of glorification of the Hindu race and culture, in a word they must cease to be foreigners; Or may stay in the country, wholly subordinated to the Hindu nation, claiming nothing, deserving no privileges, far less any preferential treatment—not even citizens’ rights.”
· It is the RSS ideology which led to the demolition of the Babri Masjid – mobs were led by LK Advani, Bal Thackeray and Uma Bharti amongst other BJP leaders. This led to communal riots in Mumbai which were followed by a series of bomb blasts killing 257 people.
· It is the RSS ideology which has led to an exponential increase in lynchings of Muslims and minorities in the name of Cow Protection.
· It is the RSS ideology which is responsible for the killing of rationalists like Gauri Lankesh and Narendra Dhabolkar.