“When Congress’ mahamilavati [highly spurious] remote government was at the Centre, didn’t blasts occur in Bengaluru? Was not the nation living under fear of terror attacks? Did any major blast take place in last five years of your chowkidaar’s chowkidaari? It was the power of your one vote that made it possible,” Prime Minister Narendra Modi said while addressing a public meeting on April 13, 2019.
Fact Checker has busted this claim of his and has proven that PM Modi’s statement is absolutely false.
One person was killed and two injured in the bomb attack that took place in Bengaluru’s Church Street on December 28, 2014, just seven months after PM Modi took oath as the Prime Minister.
According to the data from the South Asia Terrorism Portal (SATP), as many as 942 bombings have been reported from January 01, 2014 to April 11, 2019, resulting in 451 deaths and 1,589 injuries.
According to a reply in the Lok Sabha on February 05, 2019, as many as six terror attacks were reported between 2014 and December 31, 2018, nationwide. Apart from this, 1,708 attacks in Jammu and Kashmir, 2,442 in the northeast and 4,969 attacks by Maoists were also reported.
Fact Checker also reported the number of IED blasts that took place in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. As many as 174 IED blasts took place in India in 2018, as well as 244 in 2017 which claimed 108 lives and 61 lives respectively.
Also read: FYI Mr. Modi, 50 lakh men lost their jobs after Demonetisation
As per the data collected by the National Security Guard’s (NSG) National Bomb Data Centre (NBDC), 406 “blast incidents” (337 IEDs and 69 explosive ordnance) were reported to have taken place nationwide in 2016. The IED blasts led to the death of 112 people and injured 479, whereas six were killed and 26 injured in explosive ordnance blasts.
268 IED blasts took place in 2015 whereas 190 were reported in 2014.
Other major terror attacks and bombings, as reported by Fact Checker, include:
- A car bomb attack near Pulwama, Jammu & Kashmir (J&K), on February 14, 2019, in which 40 paramilitary soldiers were killed
- An improvised explosive device (IED) blast in Sukma, Chhattisgarh, on March 13, 2018, in which nine Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel were killed
- A Maoist attack in Sukma, Chhattisgarh, on April 24, 2017, in which 25 soldiers were killed
- A terrorist attack on an army base in Uri, J&K, on September 18, 2016, in which 17 soldiers were killed
- A terror attack in Baramulla, J&K, on October 3, 2016, in which one Border Security Force (BSF) soldier was killed.
- An attack on an army base in Nagrota, J&K, on November 29, 2016, in which seven soldiers were killed
- A terror attack in Pathankot, Punjab, in January 2016, in which five soldiers were killed
- An attack on Mohra army camp in J&K on December 5, 2014, in which 11 security forces personnel were killed
Credit: Fact Checker
Be First to Comment