Prime Minister Narendra Modi, while addressing a rally in Hyderabad on Monday, repeatedly claimed that all parties in Telangana were ruled by dynasties and that it was only the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) which rejected dynasty politics and upheld the elements of democracy.
While PM Modi accuses other parties of caring about the interests of their respective families and indulging in dynasty politics, he totally ignores the fact that his party is a part of the same.
According to Khabar Bar, a data by a scholar named Romain Carlevan from Hong Kong University suggests that 22 per cent of Lok Sabha members are dynasts and out of which, BJP accounts for 44.4 per cent, which means the maximum number of dynasts belong to the saffron party.
Let’s have a look at the BJP leaders which have got recognition due to their family lineage:
- Union Minister Piyush Goyal is the son of former BJP treasurer late Ved Prakash Goyal
- Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis’ father was a member of the state legislative council
- Minister for women and child welfare and leader of the Other Backward Classes (OBCs) Pankaja Munde is the daughter of late Union Minister Gopinath Munde.
- Lok Sabha MP from Mumbai North-Central, Poonam Mahajan, is the daughter of late BJP leader Pramod Mahajan
- Maharashtra Raver MP Raksha is the daughter-in-law of BJP leader Eknath Khadse
- Varun Gandhi, who is an MP from UP’s Sultanpur, is the son of Union Cabinet Minister for Women & Child Development Maneka Gandhi
- Former UP CM Kalyan Singh’s son Rajveer is an MP from Etah
- Pankaj, son of Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh, is the general secretary of BJP’s UP unit
- Son of former UP BJP president Ramapati Ram Tripathi, Sharad Tripathi, is an MP from Sant Kabir Nagar constituency
Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje’s son Dushyant Singh is a Lok Sabha MP
The Industries Minister in Madhya Pradesh is Yoshodhara Raje Scindia, who is Raje’s sister
Minister of State for Statistics & Programme Implementation Vijay Goel is the son of Charti Lal Goel, who was the first speaker of Delhi Assembly
Delhi MP Parvesh is the son of former Delhi CM late Sahib Singh Verma
Minister of External Affairs Sushma Swaraj’s husband Swaraj Kaushal served as the Governor of Mizoram between 1990 and 1993
Surendra Patwa, who is Madhya Pradesh Minister of State for Culture, is the nephew of former state CM Sunderlal Patwa
MP from Morena, Anoop Mishra, is the nephew of former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee
Lok Sabha MP from Hamirpur, Anurag Thakur, is the son of former Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal
Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare J P Nadda is the son in-law of Former Jabalpur MP Jayashree Banerjee
Jaswantsinh Bhabhor, Union Minister for Tribal Affairs, is the son of Suman Bhai Bhabhor who contested on BJP ticket and once on Janata Dal ticket in Gujarat assembly
Jayant Sinha, Minister of State for Civil Aviation, is the son of former Finance Minister Yashwant Sinha
Abhishek, Lok Sabha MP from Rajnandgaon, is the son of Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh
National Commission for Women (NCW) chairperson Lalitha Kumaramangalam is the sister of former BJP minister P.R. Kumaramangalam.