This time, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has failed to spread his charm through the magic of words and his oratory skills. Gujaratis could not be wooed by him as they also understand Modi’s strategy now.
He failed to awestruck Gujaratis in Bhuj also, as the voters are already aware of the ground situation and the reality of their state under the BJP regime.
Let’s have a look at the hollow claims made by him and in return, we also provide a counter to his false statements:
On Modi’s Claim on Narmada reaching Kutch
- Narmada Project in Gujarat remains incomplete, even though BJP was in power for 22 years.
- Narendra Modi has used Narmada Dam Project as a tool only to win elections.
- BJP has insulted the memory of Sardar Patel by only indulging in ‘Hype, Hyperbole & Hoopla’ on the project instead of completing its works.
- Narmada Nigam is marred by rampant corruption, while BJP shields the corrupt.
- The BJP is ruling Gujarat since the past 22 years and not even half of the work on creating minor and sub-minor canal network has been completed. We can see the water in the dam but it does not reach the farmers in the absence of a canal network.
- Only 18.803 km of canal was constructed in the 22 years of BJP rule against planned length of 90.389 kms? Will the BJP explain the reasons for the same?
- Acute Water Crises in Kutch and Saurashtra
April 2016: Scorching heat and depleting water storage is pushing Gujarat towards one of the worst water crisis in the recent history. The situation is alarming in the regions of Saurashtra and Kutch, where the total live storage is merely 8 per cent and 15 per cent of the capacity thereby making the wait for South-West Monsoon unbearable for the people of these water-starved districts.
Situation in Kutch is no better with close to 15 per cent live storage. “We get water once in 3-4 days from Narmada Canal, but that is available to only a part of the district. The rest are left to the mercy of the Nature,” said the APMC chairman.
In 2013: Despite Chief Minister Narendra Modi’s claim that the Narmada Project waters have reached every nook and corner of the State, as many as 17 districts of Gujarat’s perennially drought-prone regions of Saurashtra, Kutch and north Gujarat are in the throes of severe water crisis.
Several cities and urban areas of Saurashtra and Kutch regions are already facing acute water shortage. They get alternate days supply to only about two to three days supply in a week. This scenario persisted even when the ambitious Sardar Sarovar Narmada Project was still being conceived.
On “Ek taraf Vikas kee daud hai doosree taraf Vanshvaad ka rog hai”
Let us recall the BJP Dynasty List:
- Rajnath Singh’s son Pankaj Singh now an MLA.
- Sushma Swaraj’s husband Swaraj Kaushal was governor of Mizoram.
- Cabinet Minister Dharmendra Pradhan is the son of Debendhra Pradhan, a former minister in the Vajpayee Govt.
- Cabinet Minister Piyush Goel’s father, Ved Prakash Goyal, was the Union Minister of Shipping in Vajpayee Government.
- Former union minister and party MP Yashwant Sinha’s son Jayant Sinha is a Union Minister in Modi Govt.
- Union Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal belongs to the Akali dynasty.
- Ally Anupriya Patel is the daughter of Sonelal Patel.
- Vasundhara Raje’s son Dushyant Singh is an MP.
- Raman Singh’s son Abhishek Singh is an MP.
- Prem Kumar Dhumal’s son Anurag Thakur is a BJP MP.
- Poonam Mahajan, daughter of former union minister Pramod Mahajan, is a BJP MP.
- Former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Kalyan Singh’s grandson Rajbir Singh is an MP.
- Former Delhi chief minister Sahib Singh Verma’s son Parvesh Verma is an MP.
- BJP MP Kirit Somaiya’s son Neil is a councillor in Mumbai
- The Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) headed by Punjab Chief Minister Prakash Singh Badal, the Shiv Sena headed by Uddhav Thackeray , Apna Dal headed by Anupriya Patel and Bihar’s Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) headed by Ram Vilas Paswan are part of BJP-led National Democratic Alliance.
On “Congress ko Gujarat Kabhi Maaf Nahi Karega”
The much-touted ‘Gujarat Model’ is being dissected and examined. The best thing that happened to Gujarat was the formation of the state in 1960. In the 57 years since, Gujarat has been ruled by the Congress (and by some offshoots) in the first three decades and by the BJP since 1995. Even before 1995, Gujarat’s growth rate was higher than the national average and Gujarat has maintained that edge. Amul, various ports, the vibrant textile industry and the chemical and petrochemical industry pre-date 1995. A large share of the credit is due to the people of Gujarat. (Basically, Gujaratis are a mercantile community. They focus on trade and business)
Contribution of Congress Party in Development of Gujarat
Gujarat state was established in the year 1960. Since Mumbai, the financial Capital of India became part of Maharashtra, Gujarat was left behind in terms of Investments and Development in initial years of independence. But due to effective policies of Congress Party, Gujarat reached first/second in Industrial Investments in year 1985.
Today’s Development of Gujarat is due to strong foundation led by Congress Governments. People are enjoying the results of development due to effective policies implemented by congress party and also due to foresight of Congress for future development.
If we talk about contribution of Congress party in Development of South Gujarat
Surat : Textile Market, Global Diamond Trade Market, Ukai Dam
Hajira: L.N.G. Terminal and other big industries
Development of Dandi
Development of Saputara as Tourist Place
In Co-operative field, Sugar factories of Adivasi Development
Daman Ganga Dam
In Central Gujarat
Baroda : G.S.F.C. Gujarat Alklies, Refineries, IPCL, China Ceramic, Development of Chemical
Industries, Amul Dairy
Panchmahal : General Motors
Dakor, Champaner Development
Ankleshwar : GNFC, Chemical, Pharmaceutical and other Industries, Oil and Gas field
Sankheda : Development of Furniture Industry
Khambhat : Akik and Stone Jewelry, Oil & Gas field
Base of Sardar Sarovar and Environmental Permission
Development of Ahmedabad
Center of Independent Movement : Gandhi Ashram
Sardar Patel Smarak
Ahmedabad-Baroda Express High Way
Development of Haddapa and Lothal
Gandhi Smarak Sangrahlaya
Institute of Indology
Development of Gujarat Vidhyapith
Development of Gandhinagar as Green City
Plasma Research Center
Oil-Gas Field in Kalol
Development of Adalaj Vav
In North Gujarat
Mehsana : Research in Oil and Gas field
Patan : Patola Industry
Modhera : Surya Mandir
Ambaji : Yatradham
Big Manufacture Center of Oil Mills, Groundnut, Soda, Cotton, and Salt
Rajkot : Diesel Engine, Gold, Silver and Mattel Ornaments
Morbi : Watch Manufacturing, Ceramic & Tiles
Thangadh & Vankaner : Ceramics and Tiles
Jamnagar : Bandhni and Brass Industries, Refineries of Reliance and Essar, TATA Chemical,
Ayurvedic University etc.
Pipavav: Development as Port
Porbandar : Development of Kirti Temple
Junagadh : Narsih Mehta Museum, Gir Century
Velavadar : Kaliyar
Alang : Ship Breaking Yard
Bhavnagar : Marine and Salt Institute
Prabhas Patan, Somnath, Dwarka Development
Development of Fisheries Industries in Veraval and other Ports
Development of small ports near Coastal area of Saurashtra.
In Private Sector “Mundra Port
Development of Kandla Port
Development of Dholavira Century
Development of Bandhni and Embroidery Industries
Development of Narayan Lake
On Kutch Earthquake of 1956 and Pandit Nehru
Anjar, which is a historic town and very congested in the old parts was largely destroyed in this earthquake of 1956. Later, under Congress Government, new houses were raised on old foundations, and in due course of time also the new township of Naya Anjar or New Anjar township was founded after this earthquake for rehabilitation purpose. Post-independence, for almost 10 years, Kutch remained a part ‘C’ state under the Centre’s direct rule and administered by its appointee, the chief commissioner.
Kandla was constructed in the 1950s under Pandit Nehru as the chief seaport serving western India, after the partition of India from Pakistan left the port of Karachi in Pakistan.
On “Pak ke court ne ek aatanwaad choddha, isme tum kyo taali baja rahee ho” and “Tumhe hafiz saeed par taali maarne par maza aata hai”
- Post the Mumbai terror attack of 26/11, using sound diplomatic channels in the international community, the Congress party ensured that a $10m (£6.2m) bounty for the perpetrator Hafiz Mohammad Saeed, the founder of Pakistan-based militant group Lashkar-e-Taiba was announced by the US in 2012.
- India’s Most Wanted Terrorist Dawood Ibrahim’s wife visited Mumbai in 2016 under BJP Government’s watch.
- ISI agents arrested in Madhya Pradesh linked to BJP; party leaders privately express anguish over possible infiltration- They were spying on the Indian Army.
- The arrest of 11 alleged ISI operatives by the Madhya Pradesh Anti Terrorist Squad on Thursday has come to bite the ruling BJP after allegations surfaced that one of the arrested operatives was a relative of a sitting BJP corporator. Dhruv Saxena – another arrested operative – was the district coordinator of the party’s IT cell in Madhya Pradesh.
- History is dotted with BJP’s compromise of National Security in tackling terrorism, which is reflected in actions like the release of Maulana Masood Azhar, Mushtaq Ahmed Zargar and Ahmed Omar Saeed Sheikh in Kandahar, Afghanistan by the previous BJP Government. It is the same terrorist Masood Azhar who heads Jaish-e-Mohammad in Pakistan and foments terror on Indian soil every day. May we also remind that it was the BJP supported Government in 1990 that released 5 dreaded JKLF terrorists in exchange of Rubaiya Sayeed.
- It is also intriguing as to how names of various BJP leaders have cropped up whenever there are questions about links to Dawood Ibrahim. Entire country witnessed when several BJP Ministers and leaders of the Devendra Fadnavis Government recently attended a wedding of Dawood Ibrahim’s relatives. None less than a member of BJP’s National Executive have now alleged that a Maharashtra leader had links with Dawood and he was forced to resign from his party the very next day. And is now becoming a part of the BJP’s Maharashtra Govt.
- Self-contradictory posturing of the BJP is it on engaging with Hurriyat or freeing separatists like MasaratAlam or AsiyaAndrabi, has blatantly exposed their hypocrisy for holding onto power at any cost. Will the BJP answer why did it release MasaratAlam. In April, 2015 – MasaratAlam had raised anti-India slogans and hoisted Pakistan flag in the valley. In August 2015, Asiya Andrabi, addressed a rally organised by Mumbai terror attack mastermind Hafiz Saeed-led Jamaat-ud-Dawa in Pakistan. Now she featured on Beti Bachao poster.
- BJP released blood stained ads for Delhi elections with an appeal of former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, even as 26/11 Mumbai Terror Attack was taking place.
On Doklam – “Doklam me China-Bharat sena aankh mein aankh daalkar dekhte the. tab tum Chinese ambassdor ko gale lagate the”
When the standoff with China was on: – Why did Cabinet Ministers went to China ?
- July 5, 2017- Prakash Javadekar, former Union HRD Minister for 5th Meeting of BRICS Education Ministers held in Beijing, China.
- July 6, 2017 – J P Nadda, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare for BRICS Health Ministers Meeting in Tianjin, China,
- July 6, 2017 – Mahesh Sharma, Minister of State (Independent charge) for Culture and Tourism, for ‘Second Meeting of BRICS Culture Ministers’ in Tianjin, China.
Satellite imagery of September 6, 2017 shows a brigade strength of troops (approximately 2,000-3,000 soldiers) deployed north of Yadong town, near Doklam. Chinese troops amassed near Doklam plateau, satellite images show.
On Surgical Strike- “Desh ke jawaano ne surgical strike ki, us par tumne sawaal uthaye”
The Opposition has unequivocally supported Indian Armed Forces and the Government in surgical strikes against terrorists in Pakistan as also in taking all steps for demolishing the terror infrastructure against India. We reaffirm the same.
It has full faith in the brave hearts of Indian Armed Forces in conducting a surgical strike as we recognize that this is neither the first nor will be the last surgical strike conducted by our Armed Forces to defend the country and our people. It is a matter of pride that even in the past our forces have successfully conducted such surgical strikes on numerous occasions, particularly on 01.09.2011, 28.07.2013 and 14.01.2014, giving a befitting reply to the enemy. In its maturity, wisdom and in the interest of National security, the previous government avoided making loud claim for the effective response and action of Indian Army, which had the full support of political leadership.
There has never been a reason to raise a question or doubt on the statements by DGMO on surgical strike. Government, however, needs to call the Pakistani bluff and false propaganda by using all information, evidence and instruments at the disposal of Indian state. In a serious and challenging situation where Pakistan continues to export terror like in Baramulla yesterday and commit ceasefire violations, we will like to ask Narendra Modi if the immature and casual statements being made by former Defence Minister Manohar Parriker and other Union Ministers have his sanction and support.
We also urge upon the Government to stop politicizing the sacrifices and bravery of Indian soldiers for myopic political gain.
So, Modi should fight the elections on true and genuine planks and not on something which only divides the nation and creates hatred.